Chinese New Year is approaching, the Youth Concern Group of the Judiciary Police would like to send our greetings to all students, wishing you a Happy New Year and may you all be healthy and successful!
Lunar Festival is the golden period for traveling. Since all borders have fully reopened, many residents may choose to spend their holidays abroad, rendering their homes attractive targets for burglars. As such, the Judiciary Police would like to remind you to be extra careful and take necessary precautions to safeguard your house. While traveling, remain vigilant at all times to eliminate opportunities for criminals.
We also kindly remind students to play with fireworks only at locations and within time frames designated by the government so you will not set fire unintentionally and commit arson.
Theft prevention tips for the holiday season:
1. When traveling abroad, please request your family, friends, or neighbors to empty your mailbox so that criminals will not realize your house is empty.
2. Avoid keeping too much cash or luxury items at home and make sure all doors and windows are safely locked.
3. If supply of water and electricity suddenly halts, immediately contact your apartment manager to accompany you to check out the situation.
4. Make sure your possessions are within sight when you are out attending activities.
5. Keep valuables e.g. wallet, phone, etc. in indiscernible places such as inner pockets of your clothes so they are out of criminals’ reach.
6. Be alert when someone approaches you on purpose.
7. The better you keep your belongings, the less likely you will be victimized.
The Youth Concern Group Community Policing and Public Relations
Division of the Judiciary Police
- 如外出旅遊，請親友或鄰居代為清理信箱中的信件，並把家中電話的鈴聲調 低，免讓不法之徒發現屋內無人;