This photography competition is one of the events organized by the University of Macau Student Union Mainland Student Association to celebrate the 74th anniversary of the founding of the People’s Republic of China and the 24th anniversary of the establishment of the Macao Special Administrative Region.
In Macao, the collision and integration of various cultures, including Chinese and Portuguese, can be witnessed everywhere. It’s the bus announcements in four different languages, and it’s the wide variety of global cuisines found on every street corner. In Macao, Chinese culture has taken root and flourished, whether in the form of old Shanghai dumpling shops on the street, Northern and Sichuan restaurants, or the sudden eruption of hometown dialects from passing tourists. With the “click” of the camera shutter, we aim to capture the concrete expressions of this rich cultural tapestry as seen through your eyes.
Theme: Capturing tangible representations of Macao’s Chinese-Portuguese cultural exchange or Mainland Chinese culture.
- Each participant can submit a maximum of three photos. If more than three photos are submitted, only the first three will be considered for the competition.
- Participants cannot win multiple awards. Prizes will be awarded based on individual best performance.
- Participants must provide a brief description of their work.
- Submitted works must be original.
- Only limited digital modifications are allowed (such as cropping, dust removal, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color, and contrast, etc.).
- If the work has been previously published or displayed, please indicate (all entries will not be used for commercial purposes, only for exhibition).
Registration Period: September 24 to October 8
Registration Link: https://wj.qq.com/s2/13095203/9bf2/
All award-winning works will be showcased during the CMSA National Day Celebration on November 5.